January 25, 2011

Menu of the Week

CSA

After attending a meeting with my mom/playgroup where everyone discussed their meal planning strategies, I decided to add my weekly meal plan to my blog. So many of my favorite food bloggers do it I thought I should throw my hat in the ring. It just took me several months to get my first post up!

Meal planning is a great way to take the stress out of the age old question, "What's for dinner?". Now I know what I am going to cook every night and can prepare dinner while Ozzie naps. When I am super organized, I cook a lot of the meals on Sunday & freeze them until they are ready to be eaten. It also has saved us money because we are no longer wasting food. I buy exactly what I need and at the end of the week, the refrigerator is close to empty. I love that the most because I am not spending my entire Sunday throwing away old food that got lost in the refrigerator. It even saves me time in the grocery store because I have my handy dandy little list, which of course is organized by store aisle, and am no longer wondering the store aimlessly trying to figure out what to buy.

Another convenience that I love is our CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) box (the picture above is from one of our boxes- yummy local organic fruits and vegetables) that is delivered every Tuesday. If I am diligent about meal planning, I can adjust our fruits & vegetables accordingly prior to delivery. Another savings of time, money and food!

So one goal for my blog this year is to share my Menu of the Week. Of course I choose the week before my second child is born to take on this new task but fingers crossed I'll keep up most of the time. Oh and I am not organized enough to add side dishes every week. We usually eat a lot of salads but if I make a fancy vegetable side, I will try to include it.

With that said... drum roll please. Here is this week's Menu of the Week:

Slow Cooker Butter Chicken
Creamy Turkey Taquitos
Roasted Chicken with Baby Red Potatoes
Grown Up Mac and Cheese
Turkey Burger with Basil Aioli
Baked Chicken in Tomato Sauce with Olives

Can you tell I'm loving the blog Meal Planning 101? Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment