April 5, 2010
Baby Bok Choy with Shrimp and Tofu
I picked up some baby bok choy at the Ballard Farmer's Market last weekend and concocted this recipe for dinner. It was deeelish if I do say so myself!
Baby Bok Choy with Shrimp and Tofu- adapted from Epicurious
3/4 lb shrimp
1 1/2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon cornstarch
3 teaspoons coconut oil
3 large garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon minced peeled fresh ginger
1/8 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
4 bundles baby bok choy, roughly chopped
3 green onions, chopped
1 package extra-firm tofu, drained, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1. Cook shrimp in 1 t of the oil until pink. Do not over cook. Set aside.
2. Combine soy sauce, sesame oil and cornstarch in small bowl; mix well.
3. Heat rest of oil until very hot in heavy large wok or skillet over high heat. Add garlic, ginger and crushed red pepper. Stir-fry until aromatic, about 30 seconds.
4. Add bok choy and stir-fry until just wilted, about 2 minutes.
5. Mix in green onions and stir-fry until onions are tender, about 1 minute.
6. Add tofu and lightly stir-fry until tofu is just heated through, about 2 minutes. Add cooked shrimp.
7. Pour soy mixture over all. Stir-fry until liquid boils and thickens, about 1 minute.
I served it over brown rice. Enjoy!