July 13, 2010

Day out with Thomas

Ozzie inherited my cousins son's (is that his 2nd cousin?) Thomas The Tank Engine toys a few months ago. Ever since then he has been a huge Thomas fan. So when Thomas came to town last weekend we had to take him.

He was beside himself. I have never seen him so excited yet so calm and cooperative at the same time. He wasn't your typical two year old, running around in circles excited. He was in awe and yet I'm positive he understood everything that was going on.

Just to give you a little back ground, Ozzie is a daredevil who is always raring to go. When we go on walks around the neighborhood, he makes every attempt to brake the rules to see how much he can get away with. He walks on the street while looking back at me with a "I dare you to come chase me" look. He walks on the neighbors lawns even though I tell him every time that we don't walk on other people's yards. He picks up every little disgusting thing he's not supposed to touch. He wants me to bring his push buggy car but refuses to ride in. You get the picture, right?

So you can imagine my surprise when this little rule breaker followed every rule and was an absolute angel the entire day. He waited patiently in line after line, waiting to ride on Thomas, waiting to take a picture with Thomas, waiting to meet Sir Topham Hat. Never once did he stray. He smiled and cooperated when it was his turn for a picture. He didn't even go crazy in the gift shop. I never had to chase him off the rails when trains were passing; which happened twice an hour. And he actually sat on the entire train ride, enjoying the scenery we pointed out to him. I fully expected to chase him up and down the aisles.

I can't tell you how proud we were of our little boy. It was so fun for all of us to have a good afternoon as a family without any tears or tantrums. I fully believe he understood what he needed to do in order to enjoy Thomas and I am in awe at his development.

Or it was pure luck and the next event will be h.e.double hockey sticks. Either way here are some pictures from our day out with Thomas.


Waiting in line to ride on Thomas. He wouldn't let go of his Gordon train all day, you'll notice Gordon in every picture.


On the train waiting to depart


Looking out the train window


Showing me the choos choos outside


On the train with Daddy






Showing Daddy the sites


He "choo chooed" the entire train ride


My favorite picture from the day


Posing with Thomas


Close up








Posing with Gordon who is his favorite train


Watching Thomas puff by


Waving bye bye to Thomas


Sad that Thomas is gone


Mommy asked him to pose on the tracks for a picture and he actually volunteered a smile. Poor Gordon was replaced with a fancy new Spencer.

No comments:

Post a Comment