October 2, 2010

New York City


As I mentioned earlier, Oscar and I snuck away for a long weekend to New York City to celebrate our wedding anniversary. It was both of our first times visiting the city and it definitely lived up to its reputation. Although I am not sure I recommend going to New York 4 1/2 months pregnant in the middle of August. It does, however, give me an excuse to go back!

As first timers, we made sure to fit in as much as possible. So we put on our walking shoes, braced ourselves for those New York cab drivers and hit the sites. One thing we definitely perfected in New York was the self portrait because constantly asking strangers to take your picture gets old quick. You'll see what I mean...


... here in Time Square

and here on the Ferry to the Statue of Liberty
 

and here in front of Grand Central Station

This was a fun way to wake up. They closed down Park Avenue to car traffic and opened it to bicyclist and walkers. We had no idea this was going on and woke up to this right outside of our hotel. It was great to see a New York city street filled with bicyclist instead of cars.

More self portraits inside Grand Central, which really is beautiful. Pictures don't do the architecture justice.
 

A plethora of self portraits in Central Park. We hit all the usual spots. The boat pond, the famous fountain, the famous bridge- all the spots in as seen in the movies.
 
 
 

St. Patrick's Cathedral. How beautiful is that? A wedding just ended as we walked by. Oh so fitting for our romantic weekend celebrating our anniversary.

Rockefeller Plaza

Radio City Music Hall. We broke our self portrait role since a nice young lady offered to take our picture.

Bryant Park

Dinner at Anthony Bourdain's restaurant before he got famous. We're big fans of "No Reservations". I promise that is a virgin bloody mary that I am drinking.
 

Time Square at night. I tried not to judge but as a mother I could not believe how many toddlers and preschoolers there were in Time Square well after midnight!
 
 

I am pretty sure we were delirious when we started taking pictures of ourselves on the billboard.

Empire State Building
 
 
 

The view outside our hotel room was so quintessential New York we had to take a picture. I think it's a perfect way to end my trip down memory lane.

One last thing, I have to say this, I know it looks like we are wearing the same clothes in every picture but like I said we packed A LOT into those 2 1/2 days! This is where I am patting myself on the back for keeping up while 4 1/2 months pregnant.

New York was such a great way to spend our annivesary, we can't wait until our next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment