January 28, 2011

Menu of the Week

1.28 menu of the week collage
Next week's menu of the week is all about preparing for our baby girl's arrival. I really want to have several meals cooked, frozen and ready to reheat during those first few crucial weeks. Like last week, it seems I have been monopolized by one or two food blogs for this week's menu. Here is what I came up with.

Dinners:
Cheater Italian Wedding Soup
Crock Pot Braised Short Ribs
Goldfish Crusted Chicken Nuggets
Creamy Chicken Enchiladas
Ham Bone Soup- the Honey Baked Ham recipe from their bean mix.

Breakfast: typically I don't meal plan for breakfast but with Oscar home on paternity leave, I thought I'd try a few new ones.
Banana Oatmeal Bake- old wives tales say that oatmeal helps breast milk come in and this sounded super yummy.
Jocelyn's Chicken Sausage and Potatoes- my dear friend Jocelyn made this for the bambina's baby shower. Our CSA box included fingerling potatoes this week so I have to make these for Oscar. Recipe coming soon.

And, because I know myself all too well, desserts ready to pick me up from all those sleepless nights:
Crazy Good Chocolate Chip Bite Sizers
Triple Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins
Whole Wheat Banana Bread

I have already frozen a few dishes or left overs from previous weeks.
Slow Cooker Butter Chicken- from last week's menu. This was delicious and made plenty of left overs to freeze for later.
Red Beans and Rice
Turkey Spaghetti

photo credits HERE, HERE & HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment