January 22, 2011

Sewing 101: Learn to Spell Your Name Bean Bags

Ozzie

In my ongoing effort to teach myself how to sew, I decided to try Lil Blue Boo's bean bag tutorial. A friend's twin daughters turned three and I figured this would be a fun addition to their gift while helping me learn how to sew straight lines. Have I told you that I still can't sew a straight line? Another friend's daughter is close to the same age so I went ahead and made her one too. Along with my little guy. Practice makes perfect, right?

I did make one modification. Since I have no business using the fabric paint she used (I know my limits), I used my handy dandy cricut to cut the letters out on paper. Then I traced the letters onto felt that I treated with fabric stiff. I highly recommend fabric stiff for any of your fabric crafts. It helped with sewing the letters onto the bean bags as well.

bean bags 2
That is A LOT of practice!

Pregnant tummy in the way
I thought this was funny because I was snapping picture after picture and didn't realize my pregnant belly was in the shot until after I uploaded the pictures onto my computer. Whoops!

Ozzie loves his bean bags and is constantly throwing them around and I gotta say it has worked. He only knew "O" for Ozzie but now he has "Z" down too! Not too bad for a little boy who refuses to learn his numbers and letters. Yay for learning how to sew!

No comments:

Post a Comment