February 18, 2009

Mimosa anyone?

The recent sunny weather reminded me of a post I forgot to add in January. Pantone, the authority on color, named Mimosa as 2009 color of the year.




They are quoted as saying Mimosa is "a warm, engaging yellow which embodies hopefulness and reassurance in a climate of change.” I get it, yellow, a color of hope during these dreary economic times. And the name, mimosa, who doesn't love to wake up to a mimosa while on holiday? Is Pantone trying to divert our attention from the war, a bad economy, global warming, men wearing jeans with back flap pockets?

Although I am not a fan of yellow clothing, I have to admit I was intrigued by some of the mimosa images I found while surfing the web. If Seattle was having our normal rainy weather, I probably couldn't handle this but the sunshine is here and it's beautiful outside so optimism is in the air!

Here are a few mimosa images to brighten your day!









No comments:

Post a Comment