May 6, 2009

Mother's Day Brunch

photo courtesy of MS

Mother's Day is this Sunday, are you ready? In preparation for my first Mother's Day as a Mother I can't seem to get sauces and spreads out of my mind. It must be because Mother's Day is the most "brunched" holiday after Easter and nothing says brunch better than a yummy sauce or spread over homemade waffles.

For whatever reason, I am craving some fruity tooty sauces and spreads for this Mother's Day. Here are some I think we should all add to our brunch repertoire. All sound like a perfect topping to these waffles.

Mango Sauce


Orange Cream Cheese- spreading it over Ina's Date Nut Spice Bread in my mind right now.


Blueberry Sauce


Orange Cream Cheese- Ina Style
6 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon grated orange zest

In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the cream cheese, sugar, and orange zest on medium speed until just combined.

Aside from being delicious these recipes seem pretty easy too. Nothing like a quick and yummy sweet treat for you and for Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment