January 12, 2009

Hand Painted Tote Bags


This Christmas I wanted to give family and friends handmade gifts because I love a good craft project and after being home alone with a baby for the last five months I needed to indulge my creative side.

I previously mentioned how much I love Martha Stewart On Demand for recipes and craft projects. So when it came time for handmade Christmas gifts, I turned to Martha.

I saw the project for a Leaf Print Tablecloth and applied the same technique to organic canvas grocery totes. Since reusable grocery totes are all the rage, I thought it would be a fun gift. In keeping with the Christmas theme I used poinsettia leaves.

I think they turned out lovely myself and my family and friends appreciated the handmade, green gift this Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment