January 9, 2009

Martha's Chicken and Dumplings



Okay I'll admit it, I love Martha Stewart. Recently I found a Martha Stewart channel on Comcast On Demand. If you like Martha, it's great- loaded with recipes, fun crafts and decorating tips.

One of her episodes featured executive chef and owner of Martha's on the Plantation from the Belle Meade Plantation in Nashville. They made a hearty Chicken and Dumpling Soup that looked so yummy.

The recent rainy weather had me craving warm, comfort food so I decided to try the recipe. In my opinion it is one of the best chicken soup recipes and it's definitely going in my recipe box. The only substitution I made was chicken stock for water because I love cooking with chicken stock.

Although her version calls for dumplings, which by the way are easier to make than most people think, you really can add anything you like. It would taste great with egg noodles, matzo balls or dumplings. I also love that it is a one pot recipe. Makes cleaning up so much easier!

So the next time you are craving homemade chicken soup, give this one a try. You won't be disappointed!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie this looks fantastic! Look's like I have Sunday's dinner lined up! Isn't Martha and her love for one pot recipes just the best!

    ReplyDelete