June 2, 2009

Frozen Yogurt Pops

Believe it or not it's been H.O.T. in Seattle for the last two weeks. Sadly two weeks in a row of sun gets us Seattlelites all wound up! Anyway, I wanted to make Ozzie some homemade popsicles because they are all the rage now and I thought it would be a fun way for him to cool off from the sun.

I decided to go with blueberry because I just checked out Jessica Seinfeld's book, Deceptively Delicious, at the library and she had a berry pop recipe with yogurt. On a side note, checking out cookbooks at the library before purchasing has really helped me avoid some not so yummy cookbooks cluttering up my shelves. Never tried that before the recession- a silver lining?

Jessica's book has some good recipes but don't believe the hype about the spinach brownies. They do not taste delicious and will not fool you or your toddler! But the blueberry pops were good.

I used baby yogurt because Ozzie is only 10 months old but will move on to regular yogurt in 2 months. I can't believe he'll be 1 year old in 2 months! Time really does fly by with the little ones.

Frozen Yogurt Pops a la Jessica Seinfeld
2 cups plain low fat yogurt
2 cups frozen berries (I chose blueberry since I have a gigantic bag from Costco in my freezer)
1/2 to 3/4 cup confectioners sugar (since Ozzie is only 10 months old I skipped sugar completely but I'm sure sugar only makes the pops taste better)

Combine yogurt, fruit and sugar in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour into popsicle molds and freeze.

Ozzie sure did like them! Unfortunately for him, I decided that 10 months is still too young to handle his own popsicle so that will be his last for awhile. Oscar ate the rest and he gave me a thumbs up even with baby yogurt and no sugar!


Check out the awesome straw at the end of the popsicle mold. Kids can use this for drinking the melting pop instead of making a mess. Ozzie didn't quite get it...

No comments:

Post a Comment