November 5, 2009

Meet Up

Ozzie is getting to the age where he needs more activities than I can give him so I searched high and low on the web for toddler activities in my neighborhood and stumbled upon meetup.com.

From their website- "Meetup is the world's largest network of local groups. Meetup makes it easy for anyone to organize a local group or find one of the thousands already meeting up face-to-face. More than 2,000 groups get together in local communities each day, each one with the goal of improving themselves or their communities.

Meetup's mission is to revitalize local community and help people around the world self-organize. Meetup believes that people can change their personal world, or the whole world, by organizing themselves into groups that are powerful enough to make a difference."

I found two great Mommy groups, one is devoted to fitness with your toddler in hand {or in stroller} and is called Stroller Strides. This is right up my alley. I always sign up for crazy bootcamps and other exercise groups. It is a fun workout, I am really enjoying it.

The second is a play group with other moms that live near us. Ozzie loves the kiddos in this group and I have really enjoyed getting to know the moms. We have already participated in so many fun activities in our town. They are a super sweet group of gals without any drama. Just what we both need!

If you are looking for something new to do in your neighborhood or to meet new people, make sure to check out meet up.

No comments:

Post a Comment