March 26, 2009

Got recipes?


Now that I'm officially a stay at home Mommy I try to take advantage of the extra time I have by making my family healthy and delicious meals. So I am always on the look out for new recipes to add to my repertoire.


Which is great because the hubby and I were in a bit of a food rut when we were both working all day. It's hard to muster up the energy to cook a healthy meal when both of us are exhausted. Don't get me wrong, motherhood is by far the hardest job I've ever had but I can sneak in dinner prep time when my little guy naps.


As usual the blogosphere doesn't let me down. Big ups to Stephmodo via Jordan Ferney for leading me to two new sites that I already know I'll love.


Myrecipes is a great site loaded with recipes from Cooking Light (one of my favorites), Southern Living (another fav), Health and Real Simple to name a few. I really like that I can save the recipes into separate recipe files. So when I'm searching for that fish recipe I wanted to try, I just click on the file I titled Fish Recipes. I know, great huh?! Plus it's a recipe sharing site as well. Always nice to see what others are cooking for dinner.


Another great site is Project Foodie which provides access to over 75,000 recipes from magazines, newspapers and cookbooks using one website. Why don't I think of these great website ideas? I haven't tried Project Foodie yet but I plan on it. Truly a great idea!


I've already saved this recipe for Almond Crusted Sole for next week's fish dinner. Sounds deeelicous!


If you are anything like me and you have way too many websites to keep track of, remember to bookmark them or add them to your favorites and create a recipe file to help keep yourself more organized. Organization, along with cooking healthier meals for my family, is another thing on my 2009 list of things to do.

Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment