July 19, 2009

Birthday Party Sneak Peek

I have been busy working on Ozzie's 1st birthday party coming up at the end of the month. I thought I'd share a sneak peek at some of the party elements for fun.

Lately Ozzie has been digging the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Yes I let him watch TV in the morning before his morning nap. For those of you freaking out, he only watches cartoons in the morning before his nap and then we listen to music for the rest of the day AND I don't just leave him sitting in front of the TV, we play on the floor together with the TV on in the background.

Sooo he loves the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. One day, out of the blue, he started humming a song or part of a song. If you can even call it humming, maybe half humming half grunting. I realized around round three that he was humming the opening song to the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and started singing along with him. Once he realized that I understood what he was doing he was overwhelmed with glee! It was really quite cute. Ever since I have indulged his Mickey Mouse love and bought him the CD, which we listen to in the car {you should see him bob his little head when he's dancing}, and a set of board books that I found at Costco. All good Mickey fun!

Naturally when I was thinking for a theme for his 1st birthday party, Mickey Mouse came to mind. Originally I wanted to throw a monkey themed birthday party since I love monkeys and want Ozzie to love monkeys but his love of Mickey Mouse trumped my monkey love. After all it is HIS birthday.

I knew I wanted to make Mickey invitations and those trendy new envelope mailing wraps to set the theme for his party. I looked online for free Mickey clip art and a free Mickey type font and viola- below are my homemade invites and envelope wraps with personal information blurred or changed for privacy. We really don't live somewhere over the rainbow!





For those of you interested I found the clip art at Disney Clips and the font at 1001 Free Fonts and made both using Microsoft Publisher. Then I bought red envelopes at Paper Zone to send the invitations out. I thought everything came out super cute and was excited to mail them out to family and friends. It's always fun to set the theme for a party with the invitations. Plus I love that Ozzie will always have a fun keepsake of his Mickey Mouse themed 1st birthday party.

Just a little sneak peek, there are a lot of other goodies I've added to Ozzie's 1st birthday party and will share them when the day is over. Or maybe if I can pull my act together I'll share more stuff before then. I tell you I just can't wait to celebrate his big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment