April 19, 2009

Happy Birthday to My Hubby!

Today is Oscar's birthday. I adore my husband! He is such a good person and I'm so happy to spend another wonderful year with him.

This is one of my favorite pictures of him on the beach in Aruba during our honeymoon. We loved our palapa on the beach so much, we didn't leave until well after the sun went down.

If you haven't visited Aruba, I highly recommend it. Please don't fall prey to the Natalie Holloway story. The locals are welcoming and accommodating. We went in September and it was so quiet and peaceful. We stayed on Eagle Beach which is more low key than the High Rise district. Because we wanted a relaxing honeymoon to unwind from a year of crazy wedding planning, Eagle Beach was perfect. We stayed at Bucuti Beach Resort. Best resort period! If you go make sure to get an ocean front room in the Tara Beach suites. We literally opened our doors and walked two feet onto the beautiful beach!

Back to the hubby's birthday. Sorry when I get talking about Aruba I can't stop. Such a great vacation! We had a pretty low key birthday this year. I made him these oatmeal cookies, which he devoured. It was a glorious sunny day in Seattle, so we went to the nursery to pick out some plants for our backyard and had a quiet dinner with the family. A perfect day for us!

Here is the birthday card Ozzie made for him this year.



I won't even begin to tell you about the ink pad debacle. Let's just say I was frantically scrubbing ink off of both of us before Oscar got home to hide the evidence. I tried to make it look like a 9 month old made it but now I realize it just looks kinda sloppy. Oh well he loved it!
Happy Birthday Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment