April 8, 2009

Shrimp Tacos

I tried a new recipe today for shrimp tacos. I have to admit I'm not the best at cooking seafood. I L.O.V.E seafood, I just haven't mastered cooking it yet. So my husband and I were leery to say the least. But the 30 Meals in 30 Days article in Cookie Magazine had me determined to try something new.

Honestly I couldn't find an exact recipe that I loved so I modified this recipe from myrecipes.com and used the Lime-Cilantro Cream Sauce from this recipe on cookiemag.com.

Well we were happily surprised at how good it was and healthy too! I will definitely add this to the recipe binder. Next time I'm going to try the homemade tortillas on this recipe.

Below is my modified version:

Ingredients
1/2 cup green onions, chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
1 1/2 lb. shrimp, peeled and deviened
1 large tomato diced
Cilantro (as little or as much as you like)
1 Lime for the juice
Salt & Pepper to taste
8 Corn tortillas (we brown ours on a griddle)
Lime-cilantro cream sauce

Directions
Saute green onions and jalapeno in a little olive oil
Add shrimp
Season with salt & pepper
Spoon shrimp onto corn tortillas
Top with tomatoes, cilantro, lime juice and cream sauce

Yields 8 small tacos

This would go perfect with my corn salad recipe from Paula Deen (one of her few healthy recipes).
Ole!

No comments:

Post a Comment