April 11, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday...

... to me! Today is my birthday and unlike most women over 30, I L.O.V.E my birthday! This year is especially great because it's my first birthday as a Mommy. Oscar made sure I woke up to this



Oscar helped Ozzie write me sweet notes in my card along with a little scribble.

And traced his hand- adorable!

I'll spare you the mushy love note inside Oscar's card : )


My Dad and my nephew, Andrew, came over for dinner and an early Easter celebration. My Mom is visiting family in the Philippines so we took pictures for her. Miss you Mom!

Pepa and his grandsons


I love my Andy!

This is such a great picture I had to share it even if it's blury. I'm really upset that it's blury.



Here is a picture of my mantel with my birthday cards from family. Grandma always remembers us on our birthdays, she's so sweet!



To top off a great day, my sweet husband bought me this awesome gift! I know, is it 1955 and we're buying the little wife a sewing machine? Nope, believe it or not I asked for this.



One of my New Years resolutions is to learn how to sew. This year my resolutions are what I am going to do instead of what I am not going to do. I think it makes resolutions more fun!


I really think sewing is a great skill to have especially with a little guy who will inevitably need something hemmed or patched. Also my Dad tells me I come from a good stock of sewers. Apparently my Grandma is master seamstress. I'll have to ask her for lessons.


I can't wait to make my first creation. Perhaps an apron or maybe a quilt for Ozzie. So many new possibilites! Thanks Honey!!!


Another year, another wonderful birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment