August 8, 2009

Mom Down

This summer has certainly been crazy for the house of O. Other than baptisms and 1st birthdays to keep us busy we experienced our fair share of summer colds. Ozzie had a scary 104 fever that lasted one very long week. I had that 24 hour stomach bug and I got mastitis! One full year of nursing and I get mastitis just as I'm ready to wean Ozzie.

In July Seattle had record breaking heat causing us to go stir crazy in side. Coincidentally the warmest day ever in Seattle's history was Ozzie's first birthday. I'm thinking Mother Nature wanted everyone to remember his big day.

To top all of that off, yesterday I had emergency gull bladder surgery and my gull bladder was removed. Apparently this procedure if fairly common after you are pregnant. Ah pregnancy, it's the gift that keeps on giving.

I'm happily recovering at home after two lonely nights in the hospital. It's funny, my surgeon asked me where my family was and I told him that I didn't want to disturb my son's nap schedule so my husband and son stayed home. He laughed and said parenthood is full of sacrifices.

Oscar, Ozzie and my Mom and Dad eventually made a short visit after my surgery. I'm thinking they wanted to make sure I was still alive. But I was a little {okay a lot} drugged up so everyone left early and I crashed. I don't think I've slept that long since I first found out I was pregnant in 2007! I guess it took getting my gull bladder removed to get a full nights rest!

With all that said, my posts in August may be a little less than usual as we try to get back into the swing of things and I heal. Obviously I'm going to be even later in posting Ozzie's first birthday pictures but I doubt anyone is on the edge of their seat {except maybe my Dad}

Also you know those yummy pancakes that I said I was going to make this morning? Well that new cooking adventure is at least a week away. I will definitely share with a post since I'm dying to try the orange maple butter.

At this point, I'm hoping the rest of the summer is less eventful but still filled with warm and sunny {but not record breaking} days!

No comments:

Post a Comment